Wednesday, March 14

Crufts 2012

My car broke down around 8 hours before we were set to leave for Crufts. Many tears and half of our spending money later, we found a friend of a friend who could fix it at short notice and we were off.
We stayed from Thursday - Saturday and it was as usual a lovely weekend. We cheered on our Scottish friends competing, ate way too much and spent crazy amounts on our pups. We visited the Cavalier Matters stall on average 4 times stocking up on lovely SM Awareness bands (seen below) and I was way too shy to introduce myself (felt as if I was meeting famous people!).

We did watch a small part of the showing as I couldn't stay away from the Cavaliers for very long. Every one of them just looked beautiful. There was some contriversay as 6 of the 15 high risk breeds (Bulldog, Pekingese, Clumber Spaniel, Mastiff, Neopolitan Mastiff and Basset Hound) failed their Vet Check and subsequently weren't allowed to go on to the Group Judging. Well done to the Kennel Club I say for sticking to their guns on this, I hope it's the start of things to come and that eventually they don't discriminate only 15 breeds, but test them all.

DSC04037

DSC04033

Trying to behave as I took way too many pictures and would be here all day posting. Will update with what I bought later too!

5 comments:

  1. Hi! We're happy to find one more Cavalier blog!! We'll be back... :) :)

    Momo, Pinot & mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I checked out you're blog and loved all your photos, followed!

      Amanda

      Delete
  2. What did you buy ? I'm a big shopping fan and i thing i would have spend all my money there !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made a new post on my haul :) I tried not to splurge too much!

      Amanda

      Delete